What's Going on this Weekend, “In and Around Springfield, Mo?” December 9, 10 and 11, 2011.
There are things to do, “In and Around Springfield, Mo” for FREE and for a price!
It is a season of Celebrating and Sharing and in the case of the Eighth Annual Memorial Luminary Ceremony and Tour remembering. 2539 luminaries representing those killed wounded or missing in the Battlefield of Wilson's Creek August 10, 1861 will be on the battlefield.
No matter what you choose do this weekend, make it a fun and exciting weekend and most of all memorable ONLINE PROMOTION FOR SILVER DOLLAR CITY $30.00 if order online. Good only through 2011!!
Friday, December 9
. Santa and his Reindeer at the Titanic. Dec 9 and 10th, 10am to 6pm. In the Titanic Museum Attraction parking lot. 417-335-9500.Santa and his reindeer at the Titanic.
· Alfred Hitchcock's "The 39 Steps" College is presented by the Springfield Contemporary Theatre Vandivort Center Theatre. Located at 305 E. Walnut St. 7:30 on December 9-10 and 2pm Dec 11. Tickets $22. 417-831-8001.
· Caroling in Park Central Square 6 PM to 9 PM Park Central Square free 831-6200.
- Discovery Nature Families Owl Taylor 630-9 pm, Springfield Conservation Nature Center, 4601 S. Nature Center Way. Parents, grandparents, and adult mentors bring your young youngsters for a night time treat at the Bois d'Arc Conservation Area, simply trying to locate different species of owls. Meet at the Nature Center and carpool at 6pm. Ages six and above with an adult mentor. FREE, registration required. 888-4237.
· Ghost Tours at 10:30 PM Pythian Castle, 1451 East Pythian St. Cost $15 865-1464.
· Little Acorns Winter Woodpeckers 11 AM to 11:45 Am or 1:30 to 2:15 PM, Springfield Conservation Nature Center, 4601 S. Nature Center Way. FREE! Ages 3 to 6, registration required 888-4237.
· Murder Mystery Dinner Theater 7 PM Pythian Castle, 1451 East Pythian St. cost $40 865-1464
·Open mic night 7 PM Park Central Branch Library, 128 Park Central Square. Show off your talent! FREE! All ages. 831-1342.
· Eureka Springs Historical Museum Christmas Ball and Auction 7 to 10pm, Basin Park Hotel ballroom on Spring Street. Features hors d'oeurvres, sweets, wine and beer $20 for tickets, $35 at the door. 479-253-9417.
Saturday, December 10
Christmas at the Farm Dec 10, 10am -4pm, Dec. 11, Sunday 12pm-4pm. Located at 3825 W. Farm Road 146, Springfield, MO. Make a visit to the farm part of your holiday tradition! Learn what happens on a farm during the winter months and how the animals cope with the cold. Enjoy making holiday crafts, get your picture taken with Santa, or warm up with a cup of hot cocoa. Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park 837-5949 FREE! (some activities have a small fee).
Cookie Festival and Craft show in Nixa, Missouri 9 AM to 3 PM. Aldersgate Methodist Church at 450 West Aldersgate Methodist Church Dr. 725 2150.
Ozark all-you-can-eat breakfast 8:53 AM Ozarks senior center 727 N.'s ninth Street and Mission$4.00 Adults, $2.00 for kids 581-2538.
Writing your own Life Story a program with historian Wayne Groner. 10:30 AM to noon, Christian County Library 1005 N. 4th Ave. Topics include making a list of memory joggers using historical facts, writing about painful, and publishing your own manuscript for family and friends. Each participant will receive a list of online and print resources. FREE www.WayneGroner.blogspot.com 581-2432.
Clever Band Boosters Holiday Craft Bazaar 8am-3pm, Clever High School at 6800 W. Missouri 14. Holiday Bazaar, craft vendors, bake sale, and pancake breakfast starting at 8 AM. All proceeds will benefit the band program and band students.
A Christmas Village presented by the First Baptist Church of Fair Play at 6 to 7:30 PM, December 10 and 11th. Missouri 32 And Troost St. Outdoor presentation features more than 40 cast members, live animals, narratives, and theaters sets. Refreshments provided, FREE! Excepting donations 417-654-2546 or 654-2600.
Houston, Mo, Ms. Merrie Christmas pageant. 2pm at the Community Building on North US 63. Texas County Fairgrounds. Admission $5 and $3 for students 417-217-0092.
Miller, Mo, 5K benefit walk, run to benefit the Veterans Coming Home Center. 8 AM registration, run at 9am at the Miller Fire station, Main, and Park Street. Entry fee $20 and one winter where item. $25 without item. Register at email@example.com 417-489-6369
Christmas Musical "Searching for the King" 6 PM meal, show at 7pm December 10 and 11th. Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 815 East Farm Rd. 182. 417-881-0833.
Comedian Amy Schumer 7 PM Plaster Student Union MSU campus 1110 East Madison St. free 816-262-3525
Discovery Table Natural Holiday Crafts 10am- 3pm, Springfield Conservation Nature Center 4601 S. Nature Center Way. Stop by anytime to make some simple holiday ornaments from national materials. All ages FREE 888-4237.
Extreme coupon in class 1:30pm -4pm, Adults Tender Care Center 3729 North Glenstone Ave. $15 417-763-4236.
Free art day 10am at the Creamery Arts Center 411 N. Sherman Ave. 417-862-278.
Holiday gift workshop 10am-11am, 1720 West Battlefield Rd. at Hyvee. Cost $10. 417 881-1950.
It's a Wonderful Life the movie showing at the Gilllioz Theatre 2pm and 6pm, at 325 Park Central East. Tickets $5.00, available one hour prior to each showing 863-9491.
Jingle Bell Run 8am at Media Com Ice Park 635 E. Trafficway entry fee $20 and $25 314-991-9333 extension 1305.
Lady Annabel with Josh Kelley and Edens Edge 8pm, John Q Hammons Arena, 685 South John Q Hammons's Parkway remaining seats $38.75 836-7678 or 888-476-7849.
Springfield Christmas parade with the theme Rocking Around the Square 1pm, downtown beginning at South Avenue and Elm Street continuing North on South Ave. to Park Central Square proceeding clockwise around the square and exiting Park Central east then north on Kimbrough west on Trafficway to Jordan Valley Park FREE 831-6200 extension 14.
Seventh Annual Cookie Sale will take place from noon to 2:30pm at the Gillioz Theatre, 325 Park Central East and PenMac building at 447 South Ave. www.rifSpringfieldmissouri@gmail.com to receive an order form or for more information.
Springfield Symphony Holiday Concert time for the most wonderful time of the year 7:30pm, Juanita K Hammons Hall for the Performing Arts 525 John Q Hammond Parkway. Tickets $10-$33 864-6683
Eighth Annual Memorial Luminary Ceremony and Tour. 4:30pm, Wilson's Creek National Battlefield Farm Road 182 and Hwy ZZ in Republic. More than 2539 luminaries representing those killed wounded or missing in the Battlefield of Wilson's Creek August 10, 1861 will be on the battlefield. Living in history volunteers, carolers and re-enactors will greet guest at the Ray House. Music, refreshments, and information will be provided at the visitor center 732-2662. www.nps.gov/wicr
Christmas concert with Baptist Bible College in Willard 6pm, Noble Hill Baptist Church 3285 West Farm Rd. 30. FREE 742-5227.
Sunday, December 11
Sunday Ninth Annual Hollister at Santa Train 2pm-4pm. Hollister train depot Esplanade St. Children are invited to climb aboard to visit with Santa. Snacks and goody bags provided free child free 334-3050
Point Lookout Christmas Card to the Community 7p.m Williams Memorial Chapel C of O's campus, 1600 Opportunity Ave. The event features a traditional Christian worship service with music performed by Chapel choir, chorale and hand bell choir. FREE 690-2212.
Here is What is going On All through the Holiday Season!
· Horse Drawn Carriage Ride through Park Central Square in Springfield, Mo. $5.00 a rider.
· Now - December 18, Ride the Polar Express on the Branson Scenic Railway in downtown Branson. Admission is $34, $24 for 12 and under. 1-800-287-2462. When enjoying Historic Downtown Branson, Mo be sure to take advantage of the FREE TROLLEY RIDES!
"Silver Dollar City’s “An Old Time Christmas” opens and continues through December 30, park hours are 1pm to 9pm. Click here for this week’s schedule to plan your visit. Features Five-Story Tall Special Effects Tree and Light and Sound show on the square, a production of “A Christmas Carol,” holiday light parade, interactive kids show, holiday foods and more than 4 million lights. Don't forget to check out the Frisco Train. To learn more , check out Silver Dollar City Pathfinder. Tickets (tax included) $59.11, $56.96 for ages 62 and over, $48.36 for ages 4-11, free for 2 and younger. 800-831-4386. ONLINE PROMOTION FOR SILVER DOLLAR CITY $30.00 if order online. Good only through 2011!!
· Branson Area Festival of Lights Drive Through. Nightly through January 2, 2012. Dusk -11pm, nightly Expressway Lane. $12, $30 for Vans and Limos. 877-272-6766 www.explorebranson.com
· Christmas Sing-A-Long Shuttle 7 to 11pm daily through December 23. Grand County Square. 1945 W. Missouri 76. Participants sing Christmas carols along the route and enjoy sugar cookies, coffee or hot chocolate while viewing Christmas lights. Tours leave every 45 minutes. Tickets $15, $12 for ages 4-12, and free for ages 3 and under. 417-265-1423.
· Winter Wonderlanding with Santa and Mrs. Claus, at Branson Landing. Click here For Santa’s schedule. 417-239-3002.
***There is so much to do “In and Around Springfield, Mo.” The information shared in this blog is information obtained through a variety of sources, I recommend verifying your event is still scheduled to take place. Make it a Weekend full of Memories with those you love while enjoying what is going on, “In and Around Springfield, MO.” December 9,10, and 11, 2011.